Monday, August 25, 2008

cotton

the subtle weave of your embrace
envelopes my imagination
casting me into the fray, dream-state
thoughts of your fibrous bolls
fashioned into the things i love the most
draw me an image of your soft possibilities

pull on me with the allure of a stranger
white and coying like a well-worn heart
plush and clinging as you wrap me up
or let me down as an escape from the everyday
subject of my dark desire you gleam bright and clean
yet allow me to soil you and whet your torn edges

inspire me to depths unknown, hollow and keening
the fabric a gift-wrap waiting for a tug
the sheer bow which binds you to me loosened sharply
revealing the covered diamond hidden there
for me to take into my hand and use as my own
an invitation to pull you aside or tear you open
remains mine alone to accept or deny


0 comments: