Monday, August 25, 2008

Pretty Dress

pulling from the station
you choose a seat at random
windowed, across from me
the pattern strikes me
as the manner of your walk
reveals your intention
of solitude and focus

my interest piqued
i eye the daylight of your silhouette
draped lightly in cotton and bone
buttoned at the neck incompletely
revealing your form
in flickered lighting
shadows passing as we move away

a velvet cinch surrounds
a slender waist of brown and cerulean
clinging tightly in my mind
to the object of my affliction
intruding my eyes
imploring my mind
never noticing your sidewards glance

a smile from the corner of your lip
curls ever so slightly
to the push of my stare
at the cut of your dress
a stranger on a train uninvited
yet welcomed as if you knew
a passage of souls along the line

0 comments: