Monday, August 25, 2008

Girl on a Pedestrian Overpass

Never will we meet, you and I.
I view you from afar
Our paths cross unintentionally. Randomly.


Our schedules entwine
Unbeknownst to you
A passerby on the highway below
A blur unnoticed

I see you above me
Busy in your mode
Looking up, you pass me by
Your presence singed into my being for the day
A stranger

This morning, a dress
Floral patterned and billowing in the breeze
I rush by glancing at you
A smile crosses my face
Content with what little of you I have
With my image of you

As you walk over me
Never knowing I'm there,
I see you as if in a dream
A daily reality, which is mine alone
Unappreciated by others who never care to see the beauty there

I time your patterns
Match them to my own
Guess at what you will show me this day
This moment

Happiness comes in small measure
Self-created from a moment in time
My girl on the pedestrian overpass



0 comments: