Monday, March 2, 2009

all part of the magic

this dance of nymphs and faeries
leaves a tell-tale impression
of ligature and blood
upon my hands
heavy
as these strings cut deep
casting me on you
like a shadow

as you ease into my place
you settle
and these taut cords
need little resistance to move you
cutting less than usual
i guide you with little effort
as you spiral
like a feather to the ground

for now you lie crumbled
your strings lying softly upon you
blood drying on my hands
this brief reprieve
leaving us in peace
until i wake you once more
to begin this struggle from yourself
all part of the magic of this dance

2 comments:

mysterious said...

for some reason, as i read, i found myself thinking of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa7tPHOPz-I

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful (as all your work is) and, of course...

... marionettes hold a dear place within me.