Wednesday, October 15, 2008

oblivious

anxiously attempting the impossible
convinced beyond all doubt
the treasure lay in wait
for your greedy hands
to grasp for yourself
oblivious to my will

i watched you as you stumbled
thinking everything was fine
always one step ahead
the outcome evident from the beginning
too bright for your own doll eyes
oblivious to the truth

as you approached the end
i offered my hand to catch you
ignored, you insisted you'd made it
knowing all the while
your task was too great to ever succeed
oblivious to all around you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously, do you think about your children seeing this

Anonymous said...

seriously, do you think about your children seeing this

Seriously, are you the blog patrol?

Did you actually take time to read his poetry, or simply saw a picture of a nude female and assumed it was smut?

His writings are heartfelt and sincere, at least that is what I and many others take from his poetry. He is one of the best unknown poets I have come across in a very long time. Am I attempting to stroke his ego? No, not when it comes to his work. To say it is good, when it really isn't would be not only rude, but in bad taste.. kinda like the comment you left.

If offended by his page, the least you should have done was went to him privately.

A little class goes a long way.

Btw, I have read some of his poems to my son. I wasn't ashamed, and my son wasn't offended... go figure.